Pelagia Noctiluca

Pelagia Noctiluca

Saturday, March 1

Confused Villagers


First, there are a few typos I always make. One is favorites. I always write favorities, which sound like the name of a delicious cereal.

But, to the point, these respectable English villagers in The Upfold Witch are reminding me of those in Sarum, by Edward Rutherford. Spooky covers draw me, and when they hold a thousand pages of historical fiction inside, I'm sold. His book, London, is also great, but is so similar, it's almost interchangeable and therefore annoying.

Bring on the book suggestions. I'm open. I may have to plug Amy's mom next time too, unless that would be inappropriate.

2 comments:

amy said...

What do you mean by plug?

Patty Purviss said...

I want to plug yo momma. I love those books. Book plug. Not to be confused with toaster plug, sink plug, or plugged up with mucus. Not sure what you were thinking.