Pelagia Noctiluca

Pelagia Noctiluca

Wednesday, January 23

Tissue Soup

I just dropped my snotty tissue into my chunky soup and fished it out with my spoon, and it is still tasty. The soup, not the tissue, though it's probably not that untasty all coated with beefy soup. I'm smart enough to know when I need a day off, so today, I'm getting paid to not be at work. Sweet. This vacation time thing is a new concept for me. Bummer is that the germs in my body heard about my freed-up schedule and attacked me in my sleep, so now I'm crusty and whiny, and my face hurts. And, no-one, not one person, is willing to retort with "well, it's killing me," and it really bums me out. What's the point of having your face hurt if nobody is willing to take up their end of the joke? Funny thing is that I had totally forgotten that tonight was supposed to be the fun reward night. I was supposed to go with one other staff and 3 kids to a Sonics game and now I will miss out. Why am I deleting things? As I was saying,, a basketball game sounds awful this evening, when all I want to do is wrap up in a sarape and read Lonesome Dove.

No comments: